Crispy Beef & Coconut Rice
Member recipe by markandsel
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Portions
A step-by-step adaptation of a Good Food recipe which is really delicious, better that a take away!!
- Oil for Frying
- 300g Sirloin Steak
- 3 Tbsp Cornflour
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 3cm Ginger, Grated
- 1 Fresh Chilli, Deseeded and Finely Chopped
- 1 pack Mange Tout
- 4 Spring Onions - finely sliced
- 5 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 can Water
- 2 large handfulls Basmati Rice
- Desicated Coconut to garnish rice (optional)
- Slice the Beef into very thin strips and coat with the Cornflour
- Mix the Soy Sauce, Lime Juice and Honey together and set aside.
- Pour the Coconut Milk and water into a pan and bring slowly to the boil.
- While that is boiling, heat your oil (about 4 - 5cms) in a wok until hot.
- Fry the Beef in batches until dark brown in colour and crispy - set aside on kitchen towel to drain off any excess fat from frying. Discard oil except 1tsp.
- Add Rice to the Coconut and Water mix which should now be boiling. cook for 5 mins then simmer for a further 7-10 mins or until cooked to your liking. Tip into a sieve when cooked and allow to drain.
- Heat up the wok (with the 1tsp oil reserved) and add the Garlic, Ginger and Chilli. Stir Fry for 1 min then add the Mange Tout for 1 min.
- Add the beef back to the wok along with the Spring Onion and stir fry for 1 min, then add the sauce. Stir Fry for a further 2 minutes and serve.
- Serve Beef with a good spoonfull of Rice, which is sprinkled with Desicated Coconut.