Member recipe by stuart-seric
Super Tasty Tomato & Chicken Dish. Quick easy & ideal with mashed potato & sweetcorn.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons of tomato puree
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tsp capers
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying chicken
- Pan fry the chicken in olive oil, until browned, remove from the pan chop up into chunks for adding later.
- Chop the onion and red pepper. Lower the heat and add the onion to the remaining oil in the hot pan, as they soften, add the pepper.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, basil and oregano and let the heat pick back up in the pan.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and let the heat pick back up. Add the capers, chop and add the sun-dried tomatoes and season to taste.
- Allow to simmer on a low heat ensuring the chicken is cooked through before serving.
- SERVING SUGGESTION - with mashed potatoes and a side of warm sweetcorn