Chocolate Nut Brownies
Member recipe by snoopy15
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Brownies
Apart from being delicious these brownies are dairy-free, they can also be made with gluten-free flour and still be as equally delicious!
- 5 oz plain chocolate, brocken into squares
- 4fl oz sunflower oil
- 4 oz light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 oz self raising flour, (or gluten-free flour with baking powder)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 oz chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Lightly grease (or line with baking parchment), a shallow 19cm/7 1/2in square cake tin. Melt the plain chocolate in a heatproof bowl over hot water.
- Beat the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, then beat well, until evenly mixed.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and fold in thoroughly.
- Stir in the chopped nuts. Tip into the prepared tin and spread evenly to the edges.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is firm and crusty. Cool in the tin before cutting into squares.