Chicken and Chorizo
Member recipe by gemba_4
- 2 chicken breasts
- Flour for coating chicken breasts
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- Approx 150g chorizo
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tins of plum tomatoes
- Pinch of oregano
- Small squeeze of tomato puree
- Medium squeeze of ketchup
- Small splash of soy sauce
- Small splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Coat the chicken breasts in flour and fry until golden brown set to one side.
- In the same pan slowly fry the onion until softened. Add the garlic and chorizo until the chorizo has starts releasing it oil
- Add the tomatoes; break the tomatoes up with a wooden spoon.
- Add a small squeeze of tomato puree and a medium squeeze of ketchup also a small splash of soy sauce and a small splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the pinch of oregano and then stir it all together well
- Return the chicken breasts to the pan and put a lid on the pot then transfer to the oven for at least an hour. The longer it is left the better it gets!
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve with rice and green beans