Pancakes with syrup butter
Member recipe by lauraw1991
- For the pancakes
- A little oil for frying (I used groundnut to add some extra flavour!)
- 50g self-raising flour
- Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 small pot of low fat vanilla yoghurt
- Dash of vanilla extract
- For the syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a frying pan.
- Whisk the flour, bicarbonate of soda, golden caster sugar, egg, yoghurt and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat then add the syrup and cinnamon. Mix now and again until it has all melted and combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the pancake mix into the heated frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes on a plate with the syrup drizzled over.