Pork Chops in Tomato & Chorizo
Member recipe by kasia_bauly
- 2 Pork chops
- 150g Chorizo (diced)
- 300g/ 1 tin Tomatoes
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled + left whole
- 30g unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pour tinned tomatoes into saucepan and chop small. (I use scissors for a more rustic look once cooked)
- Peel and half a small onion and add place into saucepan. Peel garlic cloves and add to saucepan whole. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Leave to simmer gently for 20 minutes before beginning on pork.
- Roast pork chops in oven at 200c for around 25-30 minutes.
- Pan fry the chorizo in 10g of butter for 3-5 minutes. Remove the garlic and onion from the sauce and add the chorizo + pan juices. Add the remaining butter and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon thick sauce over the pork chops and serve with potatoes or veg of your choice.