Member recipe by harley121202
- 1 large onion, cut into chunky slices
- 1 cup frozen peas
- large handfull mushrooms, quartered
- meat or seafood of your choice
- a little oil
- Boiling water
- Chinese curry style concentrate paste
- pinch sugar
- Fry off onions in a little oil until softening then add mushrooms. Meanwhile mix the curry concentrate with boiling water a little at a time until you have the desired consistency (you dont need a lot, a little goes a long way), you will need around about just over a pint of made up sauce. If you are using beef or chicken, fry off with the onions. If prawns or seafood are being used, add with the mushrooms, as they take a shorter time to cook. Add the curry sauce and the frozen peas (no need to cook as the heat of the sauce will do that for you). Taste for seasoning, if it tastes a little bland it will need a pinch of sugar, not salt por pepper. It all depends on what make of sauce it is, they all come up a bit different. If you want a hotter sauce you could add some cayenne pepper.
- Tip You can get the chinese style curry paste concentrate from asian supermarkets. Everyone lives near one, just google your nearest. I get most of my meat and seafood in my local one as they are better quality and 10 times cheaper than the supermarkets.