Bruce's Potato & Pea Curry
Member recipe by kizmax
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 large potatoes - waxy - not floury spuds you don't want them to turn to mush
- sprinkle of poppy seeds
- firstly peel your spuds and then chop them into large chunks, if you cut them too small they will cook too quick and turn to mushy. Par boil your spuds so you can just push a knife into them. Drain off the water.
- Whilst your spuds are par boiling put your oil into a frying pan add your spices and garlic , heat up on a low heat.
- Drain your potatoes and add to your warm spices stir well to ensure they are well coated in spice mix. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Cook on a low heat for 5 mins. Then add your frozen peas.stir well. Check spuds with a knife. You don't want to over cook them. Remove from heat tip everything into an oven proof dish (one with a lid is good) put lid on and place in the oven for 10-15 mins you might want to add an egg cup of water.
- Remove from oven sprinkle with poppy seeds and serve yummy !!