Mascapone & apple bagels
Member recipe by philinbrighton
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Bagels
This cream cheese and apple mixture makes a great filling for cinnanon and raisin bagels and are perfect to serve as a sunday brunch dish. Great served with fresh coffee.
- 4 cinnamon and raisin bagels
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100g mascapone
- 10 walnut halves, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled cored and sliced
- Start by splitting the bagels in half and toasting until golden brown. Butter each half then spread over a little honey.
- Take four bagel halves and thickly spread on the mascapone. Arrange a layer of sliced apples on top and sprinkle with choped walnuts.
- Assemble the bagels by placing the other four halves on top of the mascapone and apple. Slice each assembled bagel into two halves and serve.