Banana & Walnut Cake.
Member recipe by norikoneko
- 113g Butter (4oz) Room Temperature
- 1 tbsp Semi-Skimmer Milk
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 226g Self-Raising Flour (8oz)
- 113g Brown Sugar (4oz)
- 1/2 tsp of Bicarbonate Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence (More if you want)
- 150g Walnuts (Chopped or whole)
- Turn oven on to 180C, 160C for fan oven or gas mark 4. Have your ingrediants ready.
- Put everything except the walnuts in a bowl and mix together, I personally use my hands and a spoon or fork to get the right consistancy and make sure there's no lumps.
- Add the Walnuts in when the mixture is smooth and make sure it's mixed together.
- Put mix into a cake tin, I personally used a deep cake tin but a Sponge or Loaf tin should do fine. Butter the tin to make sure the cake comes out smoothly. Place some walnuts on top and make sure it's even. Place in oven for 35-45minutes, keep checking on it.
- When you take your cake out the oven make sure it has risen nicely and isn't gooey in the inside. Let it cool for a bit then keep it on a cooling rack to harden a little so you don't make a mess while cutting. The walnuts should be nice and slightly crispy when you eat it.
- You could do two of these and put icing on the top and in the centre, I've yet to try it but very tempting as the final product is so light, fluffy and doesn't taste overly sweet. It also satisfies very well after dinner. (I've personally had a Gastric Bypass and found this lovely to have!)