Honey and Chilli Stir Fry
Member recipe by imabadpixie
- 2 tbsp Peanut oil
- 400g Chicken, cut into bit size pieces or strips
- 3 Table spoons Honey
- 2 Green or red chilli's- deseeded (these can be left out if you don't like any spice)
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 Heaped teaspoons of smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 300g Vegetable Stir Fry Basics (Sainsburys)
- OR: 3 handfulls Bean Sprouts
- 1 Handful shredded cabbage
- 2 Chopped or corsely grated carrot
- 1 Handfull of mange tout
- 6 Baby corns broken in two
- 1tsp Mace
- 1tsp Corriander (dried is fine)
- 3 tbs Dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 3 nests egg noodles
- Maranade the chicken with the honey, chillis, ginger, garlic, penut butter, salt and pepper. Ideally this should be left in the fridge for around 10 mins.
- After maranading, heat the oil in a large wok and add the chicken, cooking on a medium heat until there is no pink left. While the chicken is cooking, heat a large pan of water until boiling.
- Thrown in the vegetables along with the mace, corriander and dark soy sauce.
- While the vegetables are cooking in the wok, put the noodles into the boiling water and boil for 4 mintues.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok with the light soy sauce, turning up to a high heat for 1 mintue. Serve.
- As a tasty extra, try spinkling over chopped peanuts or some fresh corriander.