Rich chocolate cake
Member recipe by soooooooooooo
Full of chocolatey orange flavourings with a hint of almond-delicious as a naughty treat or even as a dessert. The best chocolate cake I have EVER tasted!
- 100g margerine
- 100g caster sugar
- Rind of half a lemon
- Rind of half an orange
- 35g sieved cocoa powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 50g self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons of brandy or Cointreau
- 2 tablespoons of warm marmalade
- 100g of plain chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of hot water
- 12g of margerine
- Beat the margerine and sugar together.
- Stir in the fruit rinds, cocoa and almonds.
- Gradually beat in the eggs and brandy with the flour.
- Spoon into a lined 18cm cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes until cooked through at 180 degrees celcius.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Brush cake with marmalade.
- Mix the melted chocolate with margerine and water until smooth.
- Quickly swirl the mixture over the cake and allow to set.
- You can decorate with swirls of orange rind.