Member recipe by blackwheel
- two large baking potatos
- olive oil
- freshly ground sea salt & pepper to taste
- oil your baking tray lightly with some olive oil & place in a hot oven at 180C, fan 160C gas5
- cut the baking potato's into chips the thickness of your fingers, good sized even chips work best. I try to leave the skin on but they can be peeled either works well.
- plunge the chips into boiling water for about 3 to 5 minutes. drain the chips off and tip straigth onto the oiled baking tray from the oven.
- brush over all the chips with oil in the tray, sprinkle with a little salt & pepper to taste, then place in the oven for 30 minutes
- check on the chips from time to time give them a little brush of oil & turn them.
- the chips are done when they are golden brown & soft to the give.