Mussels with Coriander Pesto
Member recipe by scarlino
Green Shell mussels on the half shell make a delicious meal for 2 or a great started for 4.
- 16 New Zealand Green Half Shell Mussels
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- For the pesto:
- 20g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, tough outer leaves removed, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- First make the pesto. Place the coriander, lemon grass and chilli in a food processor or liquidiser and pulse until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients for the pesto and blend to a paste.
- Preheat the grill to hot. Place the mussels open-side up on a grill pan lined with foil, and use a teaspoon to distribute the pesto over each one. Sprinkle with the cheese. Grill for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is golden and just melted and the mussles are thoroughly heated through.
- Allow the mussles to cool slightly, then serve with Thai fragrant rice or noodles and lime wedges.