Red Cabbage Casserole
Member recipe by janerollinson
This is a lovely accompaniment to roast pork, chicken or sausages. Even better reheated with a knob of butter the next day.
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 700g red cabbage, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 50g raisins
- 2 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper
- 300ml dry white wine or chicken stock
- 25g butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Put the apples in an ovenproof casserole dish with the cabbage, onion, raisins, sugar, salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour in the wine or stock, and stir well to mix.
- Cover the casserole and bake for 1 hour or until the cabbage is tender.
- Check the seasoning and stir in the butter until melted.