Creamy Brown Buttermilk Rusks
Member recipe by daniyel
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Biscuits
A old Dutch Favourite family recipe. Aniseed gives a liqourice favor. Good with morning coffee.
- 3 Cups Full Grain Flower.
- 3 Cups Flour
- 3Tables spoons Baking powder.
- 3/4 Cup Treacle / Brown Sugar.
- 3/4 White Cane Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 500 ml Cultured Butter Milk.
- 250 g Butter
- 2 Table spoons Aniseed
- Oven set 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt butter & Mix Cultured milk.
- Mix dry ingredients with wooden spoon.
- Mix the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix with wooden spoon.
- Press out in baking dish. Bake 45 minutes
- Let cool then slice as desired. Dry in oven approximately 80 degrees celsisus. Cheching every 2 hours, drying varies greatly with climatic conditions ( This One has been baked every where).