Garlic and Turmeric Chicken
Member recipe by marshalsea
Quick, easy and very very tasty marinade for BBQ'd or Grilled chicken.
- 500 - 750g of Chicken Breasts/Drummers/Thighs
- For Marinade
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric,
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed and then roughly chopped
- Couple of grinds of Ground black pepper
- Couple of grinds of Salt
- 2 teaspoons worcester sauce
- 3 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- A little Butter
- Additional for Grilling:
- 250g of Mushrooms
- Smash, Skin and chop the garlic.
- Add all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and crush together.
- Wash the chicken, roll in the marinade. You can leave it upto 24 hours in the fridge if you want a deeper flavour but can also cook straight away.
- Use a little oil to grease an oven dish. Chop the mushrooms, lay in the oven dish as a base. Place the marinated chicken ontop the mushrooms. Cook in a medium grill for 8minutes each side.
- Check it's cooked through by pushing a fork into the thickest bit of the chicken and seeing if the juices run clear.