Member recipe by ellamay
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Slices
A simple and easy recipe that will have the chocolate lovers going back for more.
- Biscuit Base
- 100g Digestive Biscuits
- 50g Butter
- Chocolate Centering
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 250g Milk Chocolate
- 50g Hob Nob Biscuits
- 2 Small Milky Way Bars
- 2 Crunchie Bars
- 75g Plain, Milk or White Chocolate
- For this Chocolate fridge cake i use a silicone baking tin. This makes it a lot easier to remove at the end. If using a normal tin adding some cling film to the tin may make things easier. Melt the 50g butter for biscuit base. Whilst cooling blend with mixer the Digestive Biscuits until resembles breadcrumbs. Mix the butter with biscuits and press into a tin. Place in fridge to set.
- Put the 250g Milk Chocolate, Butter and Golden syrup into a bowl over pan of simmering water. Heat until melted and combined. Take off the heat and allow to cool for awhile.
- Whilst chocolate mix is cooling break up Hob Nob biscuits into small pieces. Cut the Milky Way and Crunchie bars into pieces. Once the Chocolate mixture has cooled add biscuits and chocolate bars together, mix until throughly combined.
- Take the biscuit base out of the fridge ensuring it has fully set. Empty the chocolate mix over the base and spread evenly. Return to the fridge for approx an hour or until fully set.
- If chosen to add extra topping melt the chosen chocolate down by using bowl over saucepan or in microwave. Once melted pour over the set cake in fridge and return until the last layer has set also.
- Once top has hardened remove from fridge and cut into slices.