Member recipe by sashaarmour
- 400g linguine or spaghetti pasta
- 120g streaky bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 dried chilli
- 1can (450g) chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dash of maggi or worcester sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- chopped parsley and parmesan to serve
- Thinly slice the onion and cut the bacon into pieces of about 7mm thickness. Discard the seeds of the chilli and chop finely.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the bacon on a low heat. Once the bacon starts to become slightly crispy on the edges, add the onion and chilli. Cook on a low heat until the onions start to caramelise. (POINT: At least 15mins)
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sugar and leave the sauce to thicken on a low to medium heat for 15-20mins.
- Season with a little salt, pepper and dash of maggi or worcester sauce.
- Pour over cooked pasta and serve with chopped parsley and grated parmesan.