Member recipe by -una-55-
Large, flat mushrooms stuffed with sausagemeat stuffing and garlic butter
- 12 Large Flat Mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 6 cups of breadcrumbs (approx or enough to make stuffing)
- 2 tsps Dried Italian Herbs
- Fresh Parsley and Oregano
- 1 pk of 8 sausages (227g - I used Denny)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove the stalk from the mushrooms, finely slice and and add to the chopped onion. Saute in a saucepan for 5 - 10 mins with a tbsp oil.
- Melt Tablespoon of butter to the onion and mushroom mix and tip in the breadcrumbs, mix well and take off the heat. Add the Fresh and Dried herbs to taste and season, be careful not to add too much salt.
- Remove the sausages from their skin, and add to the stuffing mix, mix well with your hands.
- Crush the Garlic and mix with the remaining butter. Fold the Garlic butter into the sausage stuffing and spoon the mixture into the Mushrooms
- Place the mushroms into a baking dish and bake for 20-25mins.
- Serve with chips and light side salad