- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, or half tsp chilli powder
Part of the capsicum family, chillies come in scores of varieties and colours (from green…
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 200g bag baby spinach
- 3 red peppers from a jar or deli counter
- half 250g pack halloumi cheese, drained
- juice 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
Heat the oil in a pan, then gently fry the chilli and ginger for 1 min. Stir in chickpeas, spinach and peppers, then season. Cover, then cook gently for 3-4 mins, stirring occasionally, until the spinach has wilted and the chickpeas are warmed through.
Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan until piping hot. Cut the halloumi into 6 slices and quickly fry for 1-2 mins each side. Stir the lemon juice into the chickpeas and divide between two plates. Top with the halloumi and serve immediately.