Rabbit loin on a bean stew
Member recipe by mataraz
- 1 whole rabbit loin, boned
- 1 rabbit liver
- 8 sun dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water
- 2 fresh rosemary springs
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 100 gr. lardo, thinly sliced
- 60 gr. parma ham, thinly sliced
- 25 gr. canellini beans, soaked overnight
- 25 gr. pinto beans, soaked overnight
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 carrot cut in brouniose
- 1 lt. rabbit stock
- 250 ml. meat jus
- 25 ml. balsamic vinegar
- Baby vegetables of your choice
- Sear the liver on high heat, and leave rare. Set aside and start the rabbit preparation. Place the Parma ham slices on a sheet of grease proof paper. Top with the slices of the lardo and set the boned loin on top. Season the loin with salt and pepper, and spread the garlic, rosemary leaves, sun dried tomatoes and the liver. Roll tightly and secure in alufoil.
- Boil the beans separately. SautÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ© the shallots add the carrot and cook with some white wine and half the rabbit stock. Let it reduce by one third and add the cooked beans, check seasoning and simmer until cooked.
- In a sauce pan put the balsamic vinegar and remaining rabbit stock and reduce by half, add the meat jus and simmer until it becomes like thick syrup.
- Seal the rabbit loin on a hot flat grill or a dry pan. Cook in a fairly hot oven (170ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ°C) for about 20 minutes. Check by inserting a metal skewer in the centre and see that a clear juice comes out. Serve as per picture or to your style.