Jamaican Rum Cake
Member recipe by curtiscakes2009
Curtis special rum cake done to perfection, light and fluffy with that great J Wray & Nephew Rum taste to top it off.
- 3 shot Rum
- 3 shot Wine
- 500g Flour
- 8 Eggs
- 500g Butter
- 500g Sugar
- 2 tsp Almond essence
- 2 tsp Cinamond
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 5 tsp Colouring
- cream sugar and butter then add eggs
- mixed egg, sugar, butter together until light and fluffy
- add flour, cinamond, almond essence, baking powder, rum, colouring and mixed for 4 minutes.
- grease a "10 inch tin and pour the mixture
- bake for 1 hour, when finish pour some red label wine straight away over the cake while hot.