My Dads Sunday Roast
Member recipe by tillyrox
A delicious yet simple Sunday roast. Perfect for students with minimal washing up!
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 large carrots, peeled and quartered
- 6 roasting potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped into chunks
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 3 shallots roughly chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 5 button mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Dried mixed herbs (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan oven). Place the chicken in the centre of the roasting tin. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and rub into the skin of the chicken. Then sprinkle on the dried mixed herbs.
- Place the potatoes around the chicken and just enough olive oil to lightly cover. Place in the centre of the oven and leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use the juice from the chicken to cover the potatoes and ensure they are all covered. Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove the from the oven and add the remaining vegetables to the roasting tin. Again, ensuring that they are all covered with juice from the chicken.
- Return to the oven for a final 30 minutes, then serve! The left over juice can be added to gravy mixture for extra flavour