Ellie's lemon spiral biscuits
Member recipe by emh7856
ServingsServes 1 - 40 Biscuits
these DELICIOUS biscuits are great for partys as they look so AWESOME!!
- For the biscuits.
- 75g (3oz) icing sugar
- 150g (5oz) butter, softened
- 1 lemon
- 200g (7oz) plain flour
- 2 tbs milk
- (choose of colour) food colouring
- Also need
- butter - for greasing
- flour - for the surface
- Grease to 2 baking trays. Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the butter and stir it in until smooth
- Grate the lemon rind on the small holes of a grater. Stir the rind into the mixture. Sift the flour into the bowl and stir in.
- Stir the milk into the mixture. Then, put half into another bowl and add 3 drops of food colouring into 1 bowl then stir.
- Make to balls of flattened dough with your hands and wrap them in plastic food wrap. Then, put them in the fridge for 1/2 an hour.
- Sprinkle flour onto a clean surface. Use a rolling pin to roll the plain doughuntil it is about 25x15 cm (10x6 in) and 5 mm (1/4 in) thick
- Roll out the pink dough until it is the same size. Brush the plain dough witha little water on 1 side then lift the other dough on top.
- Using a sharp knife cut the edges of the dough straight. Roll it up from 1 of the long sides. Wrap it in food wrap then put in the fridge for another 30 mins.
- Heat the oven to 180'C, 350'F, gas mark 4. Take the dough out of the fridge, unwrap it then cut into 5mm(1/4 in) slices. Then put them on the baking trays.
- Bake for 12-15 mins. Leave them on the baking trays for 2 mins then use a spatula to move them onto a wired rack.