chicken noodle miso soup
Member recipe by zenalae
A delicious chicken and noodle miso soup with spinach and mushrooms
- For the marinade :
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into pieces.
- 4 or 5 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- For the soup :
- 1 bag of fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 250g of mushrooms(any kind really) roughly chopped
- 1 pint of chicken stock
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of miso paste (or one packet if bought in packet form)
- 1 pint of water
- rice noodles, enough for 6 people.
- Marinate the chicken in the soy sauce for a couple of hours with some of the seasoning.
- In a large pan, tip in the chicken with the excess soy sauce and the chopped onion and the rest of the seasoning of your choice and brown all over. Add the chicken stock and the miso with the water. There should be enough liquid to cover the chicken with room for everything else. leave to simmer for half an hour.
- After half an hour, tip in the mushrooms in and simmer gently. Then add the rice noodles after another 10 mins, (rice noodles are best for this dish but if you cant get them, thin egg noodles will do.)
- Just before the noodles are ready, add the spinach for the last 5 mins.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with home made bread.