Spicy Baobab & Pear muffins
Member recipe by baobabsuperfruit
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Muffins
Oded's spicy Baobab & Pear muffins. Good for either breakfast or a snack
- 250g flour
- 50g baobab power (www.yozuna.com)
- 20g baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup molasses sugar
- 5g cinnamon
- 5 cardamom seeds
- 100g dried pears, rehydrated in warm water, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150ml milk or water
- 150g melted butter
- Small slice of pear for each muffin
- 30g molasses sugar
- 5g cinnamon powder
- In a large bowl combine flour, baobab powder (www.yozuna.com), baking powder, salt, sugar, and spices. Stir in the pear.
- Combine egg, milk, and melted butter. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Spoon into lined muffin tins.
- Place a small slice of pear on each muffin and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake in a pre heated oven 180C for 15 to 20 minutes