Easy chicken curry
Member recipe by carolynjill
This is a mild tomato-based curry which our children enjoy too. It's very quick to put together and you can leave it in the oven while you get on with something else. Serve with rice and green veg.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 500g-600g chicken fillets (thighs or breast)
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 400g tin of chick peas
- 1 350g jar of ready-made tomato and sweet red pepper pasta sauce and 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes (finely chopped are good)
- 1 500g jar of ready-made tomato and sweet red pepper pasta sauce and 1 200g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and fry the onion and red pepper. Transfer them to a large casserole dish.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the frying pan and fry the chicken until golden all over.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the casserole dish, and stir well.
- Transfer the chicken to the casserole dish. Spoon some of the sauce over it so that it is well covered.
- Put the lid on and place the dish in an oven preheated to 150 degrees centigrade. Turn down to 100 degrees centigrade after one hour and bake for another hour. In the meantime, prepare the rice and veg. Your curry is now ready to serve.