Member recipe by phillipa1
This is a much lighter alternative to the traditional banoffee pie, similar to a cheesecake, which would be ideal for entertaining.
- 40g Yeo Valley butter
- 100g digestive biscuits, crushed finely
- 3 sheets leaf gelatine(6g)
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 450g Yeo Valley Toffee yogurt
- 2-3 Tbsp toffee fudge sauce
- 2 medium bananas
- 15g Dark chocolate
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the crushed biscuits, mixing well. Press into the base of a 20cm (8inch) loose based tin and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatine according to the instructions on pack. Whisk the mascarpone with the yogurt, whisk in the dissolved gelatine, mixing well. Gently stir in the toffee sauce to marble the mixture.
- Slice 11/2 bananas and arrange over the base, pour over the yogurt mixture and level the top with a knife. Chill for 2-3 hours or overnight. Serve with slices of the remaining banana and some grated chocolate or chocolate curls.
- TIP: Try using Yeo Valley yogurt with vanilla and 4 Tbsp toffee sauce instead of the toffee yogurt.