Turkey and bean casserole
Member recipe by carolynjill
This is quick, cheap and healthy. Our children enjoy it too. Good served with green veg and rice.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400g boneless, skinless turkey thighs, trimmed and cut into chunks (try Tesco Value)
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 3 carrots , chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 600ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 x 400g / 14oz cans baked beans
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the turkey and onion, then fry until lightly browned.
- Add the veg, then fry for a few mins more. Stir in the bay leaves and stock. Bring to the boil. Stir well, reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 40 mins, until the chicken is tender.
- Stir the beans into the pan, then simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve with your choice of green veg and rice.