Member recipe by gingerella
This recipe I found in an American recipe book, uses sunflower oil to make a deliciously moist carrot cake.
- 125g self-raising flour
- 125g soft (brown) sugar
- 125g carrots; peeled and finely grated
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 28g desiccated coconut (optional)
- 28g walnuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Sieve the flour, salt and cinnamon into a mixing bowl
- Stir in the sugar
- Add the eggs and oil to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Stir in the carrot, coconut and walnuts
- Pour the mixture into a prepared tin (greased)
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. Pierce centre with a knife; if the removed knife is clean, the cake is done.
- Add icing on top if you wish.