BBQ BRISKET OF BEEF
Member recipe by forgetdietingforever
- 1.25 kg brisket of beef (allow 200g per person)
- MARINADE - one tsp of each of the following:
- smoked paprika
- ordinary paprika
- dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Unroll the brisket. Begin by dry rubbing the brisket with the spices. Do this the night before if you have time or at least two hours beforehand.
- Place the (unrolled) brisket on a bed of chopped onions and pour in a small cup of water. Cover with a lid or foil and place in the oven.
- SLOW cook the brisket for around 3.5 hours at 140ºC. Remove lid/foil and turn the oven up to around 180ºC.
- You could add potatoes at this stage.
- Cook the meat for a further half and hour then remove from the oven. Let it rest while the potatoes continue to cook until nice and crisp. Serve with sweetcorn and salad or beans and coleslaw.