- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, cut into half-moon slices
- 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 x 400g cans light coconut milk
Coconut milk is not the slightly opaque liquid that flows from a freshly opened coconut –…
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
A seasoning often used in Vietnamese and Thai cooking. In Vietnam it is usually made from shrimp…
- zest and juice 2 limes
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tbsp brined green peppercorn, drained and rinsed
- 200g green bean, trimmed and halved
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into long strips
- handful basil leaves
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and fry for 2 mins. Tip in the paste and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime zest and juice, and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer, then add the beans and chicken. Cook for 5 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
Just before serving, add the basil leaves. Serve with basmati rice.