Tagliatelle with Garlic Chips
Member recipe by cizzlee
Quick and easy pasta dish with strong flavours of garlic, chorizo and Samphire.
- 10 'nests' of Fresh Tagliatelle
- 150g Samphire
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Knob of Butter
- Pinch of Sage
- Pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g Chorizo
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions. Steam Samphire over pasta, being careful not to allow pasta to boil over and touch Samphire. Smash the garlic cloves with the back of a wooden spoon, rubbing them into little pieces. Sweat garlic in butter on low-medium heat.
- When pasta is cooked, stir in olive oil and keep warm. Samphire will be ready after 5 minutes steaming. This can be kept warm over pasta.
- After garlic has sweated for 10 minutes, add the sage and pepper. Add olive oil in the last two minutes of cooking, then remove from direct heat. Sieve oil, retain the garlic chips and jar the oil.
- Return pan to medium heat and fry chorizo for 2 minutes.
- Serve all ingredients in tapas bowls/jar and allow guests to add to their bowls of pasta. Can be served with garlic bread and salad.
- Note: Samphire is also referred to as Sea Asparagus and is very salty so the pasta probably will not need salting. It has a delicate taste of the sea and is quite attractive in this dish. It will have the occasional woody bit, these just need to be snipped off. As an alternative, asparagus could be used instead to achieve a more subtle flavour and be steamed just like the Samphire.