Spinach and cheese pie
Member recipe by email@example.com
- Bag of spinach leaves
- 250g tub of soft cheese
- 100g mature cheddar
- 2 medium eggs ( one is for glazing)
- A pack of chilled short crust pastry
- Handful of crushed walnuts
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Pre heat oven to gas mark 6.Rinse the spinach and cook briefly in the water that it holds. Drain well - I put it in a small colander with a dish on top with a set of old weights in. Get rid of as much liquid as possible.
- In a bowl combine the soft cheese, grated cheddar. egg and spinach.
- Add grated nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Leave to cool slightly whilst you roll the pastry.
- Put rolled pastry onto a 30cm enamel pie plate - I find that the pastry cooks better on these.
- Add the filling. Use the second egg to brush round the edge before adding the top.
- Crimp the edges to seal, glaze with beaten egg then sprinkle the crushed walnuts on top.
- Bake for 30minutes until the top is golden.