Spiced squash and nut soup
Member recipe by pariss
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 white onions
- 1 red chilli
- small handful of coriander
- 1 stock cube (vegetable or chicken) made up to 1 litre
- 1- 2 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp of natural yoghurt (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 200C. Cut the butternut squash and onions roughly in cubes. (approx 4-5cm)
- Place in a ovenproof dish with half the chilli sliced finely and roast for approx 20-25mins or until soft and tender.
- Put the vegetables in a blender with half the stock, blend adding the remaining stock and peanut butter until you achieve your preferred consistency (I stopped when the soup resembled thick cream) add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the remaining chilli sliced thinly, coriander roughly chopped, drizzled with yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon.