Marmite Mini Potatoes
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 1 kilo of small Cypriot potatoes
- 250g of salted butter
- 300ml of full fat cremé frâiche
- 1 pot of cod or salmon roe
- Take the smallest Cypriot potatoes and scrub well, leaving the skins on.
- Bake them in your oven at 200ËC on a bed of rock salt. This makes the skins shrivel up and the insides soft.
- After 30/40 minutes, when the insides are soft (test this by inserting a skewer), take them out.
- Slit open the top and scoop in a teaspoon of salted butter, a tablespoon of cremÃ© frÃ¢iche and top with some cod or salmon roe or, if for a special occasion, proper caviar.