Celery and Ginger Soup
Member recipe by pubngrub
- 1 Thumb Size Piece Of Ginger Peeled and Sliced
- 2 Shallots Chopped
- 8 Celery Stalks Washed and Sliced. (Green leaves removed for later)
- 1 Carrot Chopped
- 3 Clove Garlic Chopped
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 800 ml Vegetable Stock
- 50ml Single Cream (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the shallots and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, thyme, star anise, celery and carrot and sweat down for a few minutes with lid on.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes to let flavours infuse and vegetables to soften.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove star anise and thyme and blitz with a blender to a smooth soup.
- Add cream if using and bring everything back to a simmer to warm through.
- Finely chop the celery leaves and sprinkle on top when serving.