Member recipe by jimandsuzy
- 500g lean mince meat
- 2 stalks of celery inc leaves finely chopped
- 2 small onions to medium finely chopped
- 2 small to medium carrots finely chopped
- Garlic finely chopped and crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- White pepper ground
- 2x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- Tomato Purée
- Whole Milk
- Lasagna sheets
- Light olive oil
- Mature cheddar grated
- Fry onions , carrots and celery in oil until soft and just starting to brown
- Soon and add teaspoon of oregano and garlic and fry for a further minute
- Add in two tablespoons of tomato purÃÂ©e and fry for 2/3 minutes
- Add in mince mix thoroughly and brown
- Add in tomatoes and simmer for 30 mins fairly brisky , final mix should be relatively thick and not too runny
- Season to taste
- Next make the bechamel sauce - melt butter in pan , when sizzling add flour and mix thoroughly. Fry for a few minutes to cook out flour but keep and eye on it and stir occasionally so doesn't burn.
- Gradually add in milk whilst stirring - sauce needs to be somewhere in between double cream and thick cream. Need quite a lot of sauce.
- Leave to cool slightly and add in cheese and stir until melted
- Next make up Lasagna start with sheet of lasagna , them ragu sauce then cheese sauce and repeat. Finish with layer of lasagna sheets and top with cheese sauce and then grate over Parmesan. Cook for 30 to 35 mins at 180.