Member recipe by cookwithanna
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Rolls
Or Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Because it's Christmas I thought I would share with you the Romanian traditional Christmas dinner.
- - 1 sour cabbage
- - 500 g beef mince meat
- - 6 tbsp risotto rice
- - 1 egg
- - 1 carrot
- - 1 slice of bread soaked in milk
- - 1 onion
- - 100-150ml tomato paste
- - 3 slices of smoked bacon
- - 3 bael leaves
- - 7 peppercorn
- - salt
- Peel the cabbage leaves one by one, cut them in half if they are too big and remove the stork.
- Chop the onion and carrot and fry them in a bit of oil with the rice.
- Mix the mince meat with the egg, fried onion, the slice of bread and a pinch of salt(be careful not to put a lot of salt because the sour cabbage is already salted)
- Place a tbsp of meat on the cabbage leaf and roll it tight then push the ends in with your finger.
- Chop the rest of the cabbage you didn't use sprinkling half of it on the bottom of the pan then add the tomato paste and sliced bacon.
- Put the cabbage rolls in the pan.
- Cover the cabbage rolls with water then sprinkle the bael leaves, peppercorns and the rest of the chopped cabbage.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 1 hour or until the cabbage it's softened.
- Serve with mamaliga (polenta) and a chilly. ENJOY!!!