Member recipe by giftfactory
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Biscuits
Follow our step-by-step guide to making these cute snowman biscuits. A great Christmas treat for children.
- 200g/7oz self raising flour
- 100g/3ÃÂÃÂ½oz caster sugar
- 100g/3ÃÂÃÂ½oz butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the decorations
- white and blue fondant icing
- white and black writing icing
- 48 small chocolate balls
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl, then rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix to form a soft dough.
- Roll out onto a well-floured work surface and cut into rounds. Place on greased baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. When completely cool decorate.
- Roll out the white fondant icing and cut out circles the same size as the biscuits, brush the backs of the circles with a little cooled boiled water and stick them to the biscuits, smoothing down the icing as you stick it on.
- Roll out the blue icing and cut out more circles, then cut these in half and using a little more water and stick on top of the white icing for the hats.
- Brush the hats with water in places where you want the sprinkles to stick and then sprinkle!
- Pipe decorations on the hat with the white writing icing, then pipe a small blob for the hat bobble and another for the nose - stick on the chocolate balls. Pipe black eyes and mouth then leave to set.