Herby Roast New Potatos
Member recipe by neilisou
- olive oil, or frying
- 6 clove garlic, eeled
- 800 g jersey royal potatoes, or new potatoes
- 6 sprigs of rosemary, plus extra to garnish
- rock salt
- knob of unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
- Heat a heavy-based roasting pan on the hob over gentle heat and add enough olive oil to cover the base of the pan.
- Smash the garlic cloves using a mortar and pestle, or the blade of a heavy knife, and place in the pan.
- Add the potatoes and six rosemary sprigs and season with rock salt.
- Add a knob of butter and fry gently, stirring, until the potatoes are lightly coloured - about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and nicely coloured.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs.