Beef and Pepper medley
Member recipe by aimz09
Delicious Beef, pepper and tomato dish with rich yogurt and cheese topping!!
- 600g Lean beef steak mince
- 3 medium sized white onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- one medium aubergine
- one carton of passata
- 6 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 5 teaspoons of oregano
- 1 tablepoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic granules
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500g frozen peppers
- Half a cup of Beef Stock
- one teaspoon of Knorr Aromat
- one third of a pot of plain natural yogurt
- 20g finely grated parmigiano reggiano
- half a tin of butter beans
- add the oil, mince, onions, stock, frozen peppers, garlic and oregano to a large, deep frying or wok and cook on a medium heat until browned, whilst browning chop one medium aubergine into thick slices and slice your 6 tomatoes into medium slices too. Brown the mince mix for 20mins
- Pour some vegetable oil onto the aubergines along with a pinch of oregano and a pinch of garlic granules and grill for 10mins +- depenadnt on your cooker, add the tomatoes, passata, more oregano, chopped tomatoes, butter beans and aromat to the beef mix and cook for a further 8 mins until simmering.
- Pour the Beef mixture into a oven dish cover with the grilled aubergine, spoon over the natural yogurt and then sprinkle on the cheese.
- put the oven dish in a preheated oven until the topping is bubbling around 10-15 mins.
- Serve the dish immediately with a nice green salad and paprika potatoes, mmmmm delicious