Member recipe by soerenmortensen
- 1 Duck breast (about 200g)
- 3-4 Carrots
- 300 - 400g Broccoli
- 5-10 Spring onions (depending on size)
- 2-3 dried Chilies
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 1-2 Limes (juice)
- 1-2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- To serve
- 200g Rice
- 100g frozen peas
- Heat wok or pan to high heat, score the fat side of the duck breast, rub with salt and pepper and put it into the wok, fat side down. Turn down heat to medium, immediately. After about 10 min, turn the breast and cook for 2-3 min on the other side (it should be red in the middle). Remove from wok and cover.
- As the duck cooks, cut broccoli into florets, peal the stem and cut it info thick matches (see picture). Cut the carrots the same way. Chop spring onions into inch size pieces. Finely chop chili and garlic.
- As soon as the duck is removed from the wok, add honey, soy sauce and lime juice, combine, add chili and garlic. Cook in for a minute and check flavour, it should be well balanced, hot, sweet, salty and sour.
- Turn up the heat a bit and add carrots and broccoli, cook for 3-5 minutes, turning to coat in the sauce. Slice duck and add along with spring onions. Cook for a few minutes more, still turning, till the duck is done and the veggies have taken flavour and softned a bit on the outside. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook rice, add peas for the last few minutes of cooking.