Meatballs with Spaghetti
Member recipe by sweetunique
- For the Meatballs:
- * 500 g of beef mince or lamb
- * 1 tbsp Red Pesto
- * 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- * 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- * 1 tbsp finely chopped basil
- * 1 oxo cube
- * salt and pepper
- For the Marinara:
- * 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- * 1 large onion, finely diced
- * 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- * Red Wine, 50ml
- * 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- * 2 tbsp Red Pesto
- * 1 tbsp chopped basil
- * 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- * Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- * Olive oil
- TO SERVE:
- * Fresh Egg Spaghetti pasta cooked according to packet instrustions.
- TO GARNISH:
- * 2 tbsp grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
- Place all the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly - it s best to use your hands for this.
- Divide the meat mixture exqually into 12 small rounds/meatballs.
- Heat a large pan with a little olive oil, fry the meatballs gently until browned both sides (turning halfway through cooking).
- In a large, deep baking or roasting tray, gently stir the marinara ingredients together apart from the onions.
- Add the drained meatballs to the marinara and set aside.
- Gently fry the onions in the same pan/oil as the meatballs were cooked in previously until they start to soften.
- Now drain any excess oil from the onions and add them to the marinara.
- Place the roasting tray in the oven and cook the meatballs in marinara for 25-35mins.
- Drain cooked pasta of your choice. Serve the pasta topped with meatballs and marinara. Garnish with cheese.