- 400g pork shoulder steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 tsp each ground cumin and smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
Honey and syrups made from concentrated fruit juice were the earliest known sweeteners. Today,…
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 100g basmati rice
- 400g can black bean, drained, rinsed
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, ½ juiced, ½ wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, slices, rinsed
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Toss the pork with 1 tbsp of the chipotle paste, cumin, paprika, sugar and some seasoning. Spread on a baking tray, drizzle with the vegetable oil and bake for 20 mins until tender.
Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions until just cooked, then drain. Put back in the pan, add the beans and keep warm with a lid on.
In a small bowl, toss the avocado with the red onion, most of the coriander, remaining chipotle paste and lime juice, then season. Serve the rice and beans with the pork, avocado salsa, jalapeño, lime wedges and remaining coriander.