Redcurrant & Rosemary Chutney
Member recipe by fieldchooks
ServingsServes 1 - 7 Jars
- 1kg redcurrants
- 1kg granulated sugar
- 250ml red wine vinegar
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm sized piece of root ginger, grated
- half tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Remove stalks from redcurrants and place in a heavy bottomed pan with the sugar and vinegar. Place on a medium heat and warm through.
- Add the chopped onion, red pepper, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper and the rosemary. Stir all together.
- Bring to the boil then boil on a medium heat for 30 minutes. The chutney may appear runny but will thicken/set when cooled.
- Pour the chutney into warmed jars and leave to cool.