Member recipe by ambertuesday
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
- 8 fluid oz cold tea (if using fruit tea, leave the teabag in)
- 12 oz dried fruit
- 8 oz Self Raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice (opt)
- 1 egg
- Put the dried fruit into a bowl and pour the tea over, cover and leave overnight (not in the fridge).
- After overnight soaking..Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4. Line or grease a 2lb loaf tin. I use a loaf liner for ease
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add spice if using. Pour over soaked fruit and any juices (remove teabag if using!).
- Add egg and stir well with wooden spoon until all mixed up.
- Spoon into prepared tin and if wished sprinkle over 1tsp of sugar (you don't have to but it gives it a nice crunch and it is only 1tsp!!).
- Put into oven and bake for about an hour, maybe a little more depending on your oven.
- When cooked through, remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- EAT!!! Lovely with butter spread on it. I know that defeats it being fat free but hey ho!!