Member recipe by spytcp
- Olive Oil
- 50g Chorizo
- 130g Pancetta Cubes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 finely chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Celery stick
- 150g Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 100g Raw peeled Prawns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- A tbsp of Thyme ( and extra to serve)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 100 g Long Grain Rice
- 1/2 pint Chicken Stock
- A Pinch Of Salt
- 1 Sliced Spring Onion
- Gather a, Knife, 2x Chopping Board, Frying Pan, Wooden Spoon, Measuring Jug
- Roughly chop the Chorizo, Pepper, Onion and Celery. And finely chop the Garlic Cloves.
- On a separate board chop the Chicken into medium sized cubes.2
- Put some oil in a pan and gently fry the Chorizo and Pancetta with the Paprika until the oil has turned a nice colour. (The shade of colour will depend on the quality of the Paprika and Chorizo)
- Add the Garlic, Onions, Pepper and Celery and cook over a medium heat (stirring every so often) until they begin to colour and the most of the moisture has gone.
- Then, add the Chicken, Bay Leaf, Thyme and Oregano and continue to cook on a medium heat for about 5 mins.
- Add in the Rice and stir.
- Pour in the stock and a pinch of salt then add the prawns and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 15 mins or when the rice has absorbed the stock. (You may have to stir occasionally to stop the ingredients from sticking to the bottom)
- Serve straight away and sprinkle some sliced spring onions & Thyme on the top.