Prawn Pasta Salad
Member recipe by lhea-ibiza
This is a great pasta salad to have at home for any time, be it for a healthy lunch, picnic pack up or late night supper.
- 500g farfalle pasta
- 500g prawns, frozen
- 4 tomatoes (preferably vine), deseeded and diced
- 3 large carrots, pealed and diced
- 300g peas, frozen
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin oil
- Put 2 pans of water on to boil, one larger for your pasta. Chop tomatoes and scoop out seeds, put to one side in a large bowl. Chop carrots and add to the smaller pan once water has boiled. In the the larger pan you can add the pasta once boiled...cook pasta per cooking instructions on packet but usually 9-13mins depending on brand of pasta.
- Once cooked, drained and run under cold water add both the carrots and pasta to the tomatoes, retaining the hot water from the larger of the pans to cook the rest.
- Bring water back up to boil and add pees and prawns, cook for aprox 2-4mins depending on the size of your prawns but generally once they have turned pink and are floating on the top of the water. Once cooked drain both pees and prawns, add to tomato/pasta bowl, mix, season with salt and put in fridge to cool.
- To make the vinaigrette it depends on your taste. I would suggest making the vinaigrette in a jug and add 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar. This way everyone can add as much as they like and if this is going to be something you have in the fridge for a few days you can add the vinaigrette each time fresh.